Minimalism

21:25


Feeling very much inspired to write about minimalism today. Recently, I watch a video by Zoey Arielle. She talks about her approach to minimalism and what she stopped buying in her video. I have been leaning on the minimalism lifestyle recently and starting to change my lifestyle approach.

I have a confession, I used to be a shopaholic, no shame, we all have been there. I used to go shopping as an escape and occasionally still do. I love hoarding things that I can get hold of during those 'sale' season because I was afraid to miss out on saving my money. But I understand that there will always be a sale season and you will never miss out.

After my breakup, I was lost on what made me happy and shopping made me happy but looking at my bank account, it's time to stop my bad habit and buy things that I only need. I've been changing on how I look at shopping. Buying things no longer fill the gap of joy because there is only so much I can buy and use.

I still have that slight obsession with shoes, and I am slowly buying shoes that I only need after throwing the ones that I don't need anymore. I've slowly stopped buying any more stuff that looks pretty or a good 'deal'. I'm trying to stop zombie buying. I still have this slight habit but hopefully, I will start to get rid of stuff that I don't need when I next move out after university. I no longer want to hoard as much stuff as I have right now. Sometimes when I look around my room, there are just far too much stuff in my house.

For clothes, I am very proud of myself that I have stopped buying clothes because I just have far too much for my own good. My mum used to buy my clothes and sometimes I used to just nod and agree to buying pieces that I will never wear but thinking in my mind, I might find an occasion to wear it? I am now only buying clothes that I like and clothes that will work together with my other pieces. I have changed into a simplistic style and matching accessories with them to bring my outfit to pop rather than getting that yellow top that I hate oh so much and hide it under my cupboard. Clearing out my wardrobe has also helped. Getting rid of those pieces that I have never touched in a long long time which means I know what I have in my wardrobe.

I have makeup from years ago that I bought but never using them because the shade don't compliment me or I don't like how it feels on my skin but always thinking I might use it next time. I am now starting to use up products that I bought and use them regularly as a routine rather than keeping them on my makeup shelf. Binning stuff regularly is also another option I turn to, to minimize my collection. For the makeup that is untouched, I would donate them to charity, put them up to depop or facebook for sale.

Buy things you only need and not want.

Impulse buying, avoid that.

Splurge on things you need.

Slowly but surely I will get there.

Thank you for reading.

❤ (。・ω・。)ノシ see you NEXT Time☆★

You Might Also Like

0 ℓovɛ

Thanks for visiting + reading my lovely post !
Feel free to leave a comment, I reply to all of them (^ω^)
I love reading all of them and appreciate all of them ! ♥