Meike FC100 Macro Ring Flash

19:51


This is a long awaited post that I am eager to get out for you guys! (PICTURE HEAVY) About a few months ago I started looking into ring lights/flash. Since I'm a mini blogger, I bought a relatively cheap ring flash off ebay. I got it for £23.99, I forgot the seller I brought from... .___. but do do some research/compare before you buy from the seller. I think you can also purchase these off amazon/taobao if it's easier for you. I didn't end up DIY which was what I planned to do but this was pretty good anyway. Lets move on to the pictures and then I will review this lovely item in detail after! ^____^ 


I had to purchase my own battery, and these are the one I used :)

Close Up shots which I attempted. CLICK TO ZOOM IN FOR BETTER VIEW.
I have naturally flushed cheeks + using the ring light makes my blackheads appear quite visible. 

Here are a couple of test shots to give you a feeling on how the pictures would appear like.

Pictures captured? : 
Close ups- This does it's job for close up shots. You can see a perfect ring however when you shoot for too long it will strain your eyes since you are looking into very bright light. 
Medium portrait shots- Sad to say it's not very good :c (due to the small diameter of the ring) The ring light is really really tiny. It's almost the same as using a single flash. 
Still life- This is okay for still shots (OBJECTS) but works even better when you want some macro effect. It lits up the object pretty well. However it sucks on reflective objects like plastic wraps + etc. 

Design : 
Design is pretty simple, and very travel friendly as well. The ring light size is pretty small (as expected for macro ring flash) You can adjust the brightness of it depending on how bright you want it. On flash or light. Left, right or both. You can also test the brightness of the light by pressing pilot during flash mode. Handy right?  

Packaging : 
Bubble wrapped quite well, box was bit dent here and there however product arrived safely and nothing was broken :) 

Durability : 
It's plastic-y - light weight. However it's pretty strong. 

Shipping : 
Quick dispatched while it arrived in 1-2 weeks, I can't really remember as I bought it ages ago. 

Overall : 
This is an okay ring light. It's handy cause it's small and travel friendly however the ring light effect on the eye is not as good compared to the larger ring lights unless you put it very very close to your face. You can turn down the brightness, however if you use it for too long, it will strain your eyes. 

Recommend? : Not really, I recommend not wasting money while invest in a bigger ring light. However if you're on a budget and only need it for circle lenses then yes! ^--^ 


If you're using a different one is it any good? Would you recommend? :P

❤ (。・ω・。)ノシ see you NEXT Time☆★

You Might Also Like

18 ℓovɛ

  1. It looks fun to play with…hehe x

    Justsoapril.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow so cool light ring, I want a bigger light ring because I think is better and I don´t have a big budget~
    I love it all your pics with the ring flash!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww me too ! I think I might buy some fairy lights during december and DIY ahha and there's quite a few tutorials online as well. + thanks pretty xx

      Delete
  3. Wow, you are more high tech than I am lol I just re-arrange things under natural or artificial lights and that is it lol. Great examples though, I will have to keep this in mind.

    http://diaryofatrendaholic.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, they give off a more professional look if you get it right ^__^ hehe . you're welcome ! I try to give off as much examples so that people know how this ring light could work ^__^ Do let me know if you ever come to getting one ! x

      Delete
  4. You are invited to take part in my "International Giveaway sponsored by Born Pretty Store"
    (Prize: A $30 Voucher)

    Visit: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/10/born-pretty-stores-30-voucher-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ! I will have a look at it :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much ! :) I already followed you ! ^__^

      Delete
  6. I honestly hear from this kinda camera (?) for the first time haha XD I really don't know what this is for but I think it's for taking better pictures for circle lenses reviews or something? OTL I'm a newbi in camera stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more for pictures for circle lenses + it would kind of enhance it. xD

      Delete
  7. I would love to purchase one for my own! I hate using my camera :( It has such bad focus and the lightening is terrible. Thank you for the recommendation ♥

    xoxo,
    sunnysidetoday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome ! ^__^ Aww , if you use great white lights around the room, your pictures would turn out pretty well . (at least for me) :3 You're welcome pretty! ♥ Thanks so much for visiting !

      Delete
  8. very nice review :) could you please also post photos from bigger distances, not just portraits? thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would try when I have time to reupdate this post , thanks for leaving a suggestion tho.

      Delete
  9. I bought it this week and I'm waiting for it to arrive, I cannot wait to try it, but I'm afraid my pics will still look bad as it's quite cheap. Well, let's see if I manage to use this little gadget. Good review!
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks ! I hope you'll like yours ! ^___^

      Delete

Thanks for visiting + reading my lovely post !
Feel free to leave a comment, I reply to all of them (^ω^)
I love reading all of them and appreciate all of them ! ♥